Monday, February 5, 2007

A force of fortune

"Be a force of fortune instead of a feverish, selfish clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." --George Bernard Shaw

This is my new motto for life...yes bad things are going to happen and life will suck when they happen, but I can either be a 'feverish, selfish clod of ailments' or I can be 'a force of fortune' and work to improve myself and my situation. I am choosing the latter of the two. So even though I did not succeed in my first attempt at my orals and I got a probably very expensive speeding ticket this morning, they are both in the past and complaining about it is not going to change what has happened. All i can do is learn from it, i.e. study more and slow down, and move on...nothing in the world is going to change the events of the past. All we can control is our behavior in the future.

So this is my new revelation. Just wanted to share.

ShrimpGirl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the ticket. That can ruin an otherwise good day quickly. I, too, have started making some similar attitude changes in my life. I think they call that growing up, don't they? :)

Love you!